Offering In-Person and Online Supervision in Texas
Congratulations! You have completed your counseling education and are ready to begin your clinical journey. I offer a supportive space for you to grow as a professional counselor. My approach is to work collaboratively with you. I will wear many hats as a teacher, consultant and at times evaluator. Throughout the entire process, I will be there to build you up and help you hone your skills as a counselor.
My Journey as a Counselor So Far...
I graduated with a degree in Professional Counseling from Texas State University in 2006. I took off a year to stay home when my son was born. From 2008-2022, I worked in an elementary school as a school counselor. I obtained my LPC hours in the school counseling setting. I had a wonderful experience with my supervisor who was also a school counselor. Having her guide me through those years in supervision was an invaluable experience and I grew as a clinician. Now I want to help others grow and excel in the counseling profession. In 2017, I finally took the leap and opened a private practice. I specialize in Maternal Mental Health utilizing CBT and supportive therapy techniques with my clients.
Looking for a supervisor can be a daunting challenge. It’s important that the supervisee and supervisor work well together. I am looking for associates that are motivated, passionate and have a strong ethical foundation. If you think we could be a good fit, call me at 830.624.4774 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a meeting.
Overview of the LPC Associate Process
- Masters or PhD in counseling or psychology and completed all coursework and practicum required by LPC Board
- Pass the National Counselor Exam (NCE)
- Interview potential supervisors. Complete the supervision contract with supervisor
- Apply for LPC licensure
- Obtain 3,000 total clock hours (minimum 18 months time) while under supervision, 1,500 must be direct client contact hours
- Maintain accurate records of logged hours, supervised hours and supervision notes
- Helpful Links